Industry groups have joined together to create a free online course called Real Alternatives 4 Life, to provide education on the safe use of alternative refrigerants such as ammonia, hydrocarbons and carbon dioxide.
The course has been developed in response to the European F-Gas Regulation, which encourages wider adoption of refrigerants with a lower global warming potential (GWP).
The course offers a mix of e-learning, practical exercises, assessments and an e-library of learning resources. It brings together industry knowledge and expertise from across Europe about alternative refrigerants.
Module topics include:
- Introduction to alternative refrigerants – safety, efficiency, reliability and good practice
- Safety and risk assessment
- System design using alternative refrigerants
- Containment and leak detection of alternative refrigerants
- Maintenance and repair of alternative refrigerant systems
- Retrofitting existing systems
- Checklist of legal obligations when working with alternative refrigerants
- Measuring the financial and environmental impact of leakage
- Tools and guidance for conducting site surveys.
Click here to access the free online learning program.