Woolworths has opened applications across five states for its 2021 refrigeration apprenticeship program, including New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia and Western Australia.
The four-year program offers the selected apprentice refrigeration technicians the opportunity to gain experience with the latest global refrigeration technologies.
Woolworths says its refrigeration systems are at the forefront of technology.
“Our refrigeration teams play a crucial role in the operation of our stores and these apprentices will help install the latest refrigeration systems and provide important maintenance,” says the company.
Woolworths is also focusing on building a diverse and inclusive workforce.
“We want to help build rewarding careers for our refrigeration teams, and like the rest of our business, we want them to represent the diversity of the communities we serve,” the company says.
“Our recent intakes have included a diverse range of apprentices, including First Nations people and a gender ratio well above the industry standard. We hope to see candidates from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences in this round.”
- Ongoing support and training
- Collaborating with refrigeration experts
- Exposure to the installation and service of refrigeration systems
- Joining one of Australia’s largest refrigeration employers.
Woolworths is seeking applicants who bring a passion to learn the trade, with a customer focus. Some specific requirements include:
- A commitment to the full apprenticeship program (four years), incorporating on and off job training
- An ability to travel to different sites, including from site to site throughout the day
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- High attention to detail with good numerical and mechanical reasoning skills
- Effective time management and organisational skills.
Applicants must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
Candidates will be contacted by mid-August by the Woolworths Talent Acquisition Team.
Please click on the links below for further information about how to apply in each state: