The Green Building Council Australia (GCBA) will be running an advanced course to equip attendees with expertise in the Green Star – Performance rating tool.
The “Green Star Advanced: Performance” course is part of GBCA’s continuing professional development (CPD) program. The online course represents the second step to gaining the Green Star Associate (GSA) or Green Star Accredited Professional (GSAP) qualification.
The online course is aimed at professionals currently using this tool to pursue a certified rating, or planning to use the tool in the near future. It consists of two components: two learning modules on using the rating tool, and an interactive session to learn from industry experts and peers.
The topics include:
- Performance rating tool and tips on how to use it
- Key credits including energy and potable water
- Analysis of credits and assessment of key requirements, pathways for compliance and documentation requirements
- Effective use of performance calculators
- Building-type credits and portfolio certification
- Step-by-step submission and certification process
- Do’s and Don’ts of submission templates and documentation
- Tips from certified assessors to assist in achieving a successful certification.
Attendees who complete the course will qualify as a Green Star Associate and be enrolled into GBCA’s CPD program. They will also have the option to take an online exam to qualify as a Green Star Accredited Professional.
No additional fees are required to take the exam. The first year of enrolment into the CPD program is also included in the course fee.
Organica Engineering Director Ian Adams, Affil.AIRAH, will be the course presenter. Adams is a Sustainability Engineer with extensive experience in delivering sustainable buildings and developments. He has successfully integrated ESD solutions into hundreds of developments around Australia, and lectures at RMIT and Melbourne University on sustainable design and city infrastructure.
Participants are required to book the Green Star Foundation course before they are able to book the Advanced course.
The event will be held on October 20, 2020, from 10am–3.30pm (NSW, Vic, ACT, Tas) | 9.30am–3pm (SA) | 9am–2.30pm (Qld) | 8.30am–2pm (NT) | 8am–1.30pm (WA).
Event and registration details are available here.