The winners of the 2019 HVACR Leadership Awards have been announced at CCN Live in Melbourne.
There were 27 finalists competing for awards in seven categories. And in two of those categories, AIRAH members claimed the top prize.
Woolworths’ Dario Ferlin, M.AIRAH (pictured), won the Leader in Energy Savings and Sustainability Award. Ferlin was recognised for his work towards creating 10 transcritical CO2 sites in Australia by the end of 2019.
The Woman of the Year in HVACR Award was won by Jenny Smith, Affil.AIRAH, from About Airconditioning.
Winners of the other awards were:
- Female Rising Star: Jessica Holz, Aurecon Australasia
- Male Rising Star: James King, Precise Air Group
- Innovator of the Year: RealTime Analytics
- Contractor of the Year: Mark Simmonds, Simmonds Heating & Cooling
- Tradie of the Year: Robert Gruis, Woolworths
- HVACR Leader of the Year: Robert Beggs, Temperzone.
Feature image: Dario Ferlin, M.AIRAH, receiving the Leader in Energy Savings and Sustainability Award from Panasonic Australia’s Victorian and Tasmanian state manager for air conditioning, Kevin James.