The American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) is holding the winter conference online from February 9–11 (EST).
The conference will feature eight tracks (streams), with 40 live presentations and over 80 on-demand sessions; which will be available for 18 months.
There will also be virtual technical tours, social events, meet-ups, networking opportunities and special sessions on COVID-19.
The eight tracks ASHRAE is featuring has been selected to represent areas of focus common among ASHRAE membership. The areas include:
- HVAC&R fundamentals and applications – This track provides opportunities for papers and presentations of varying levels across a large topic base. Concepts, design elements and shared experiences for theoretical and applied concepts of HVAC&R design are included
- Systems and equipment – Papers and programs in this track will look at the development of new systems and equipment, improvements to existing systems and equipment and the proper application and operation of systems and equipment
- Refrigeration and refrigerants – Papers and programs in this track will focus on refrigerants, refrigerant regulation, refrigeration cycles and refrigeration applications
- Environmental health through Indoor Environmental Quality (IEQ) – This track will explore developing, evaluating and predicting optimal indoor environmental conditions, especially as they pertain to environmental health
- Building performance and commissioning for operation and management – This track provides an opportunity to provide papers and presentations surrounding building operation and commissioning practices as well as case studies in performance and commissioning
- Energy conservation – This track will highlight case studies and research that expand on the simple to the complex energy savings measures being implemented in today’s and tomorrow’s designs
- International design – HVAC&R systems vary globally and this track provides an opportunity to share innovative and necessary design elements that can be shared internationally
- Standards, guidelines and codes – The series of sessions in this track highlight the changes to the standards and guidelines, their projected path and optimum design techniques to meet or exceed the standards.
ASHRAE members can register for the conference for US$249, and there are also group rates available. More information about the conference is available here.