AIRAH has announced the 2020 edition of Big Data and Analytics Forum will be hosted online.
Originally scheduled to take place in Melbourne on August 6, this year’s event will instead be delivered entirely as a virtual forum.
The 2020 Big Data and Analytics Virtual Forum will be a live-streamed half-day event to be held on August 6, from 1–5pm AEST.
The Forum’s debut in Sydney last year drew a healthy attendance of 120 delegates, signalling a growing interest in the use of big data and analytics to proactively control and optimise building HVAC&R systems.
Within the built environment, big data represents the collection of information from all building systems and the external data used within them. The most common source of big data is building management systems (BMS).
The historically limited use of big data – to validate temperature complaints or weekly system operations – has been radically changed with the introduction of analytics. It is now possible, for instance, to track and trend historical patterns to help diagnose faults or equipment deterioration.
The speaker and presentation line-up includes:
- Amber Keogh, Manager of Transformational Projects at Hendry: Shifting key metrics – Prioritising health and wellbeing within the built environment post-COVID-19 (Keynote address)
- Carl Agar, senior consultant with A.G. Coombs Advisory: Connecting disparate data systems to achieve built outcomes
- Laurie Reeves, F.AIRAH, Managing Director (Victoria), Controlworks: Big data and its solution architecture
- Cameron Sandell, Global Lead for Norman Disney & Young Digital: Consumption of big data
- Ura Sarfejoo, M.AIRAH, Country Leader, Digital Solutions at Johnson Controls: From plant room to the boardroom – How to make HVAC&R visible by employing digital technologies
- Brad Schultz, M.AIRAH, Building Performance Manager, VAE Group: Can analytics address skills gaps in the building automation industry?
- Gareth Stewart, Marketing Manager, Willow: Digital twins applied: Case study for Sixty Martin Place, Sydney
Early-bird registration (until June 26) for the Forum is now available: $99 for AIRAH members/ $129 for non-members. Pricing for regular/ student registration is $159/ $49 for AIRAH members and $180/ $49 for non-members.