AIRAH and the International Building Performance Simulation Association (IBPSA) Australasia are hosting the Australasian Building Simulation Conference in Brisbane, Australia from July 20–21, 2022.
AIRAH and IBPSA Australasia are looking for technical papers that share and build the knowledge of industry on how simulation contributes to carbon- and climate-responsive outcomes both at a building and precinct scale.
“This means we are looking for papers that focus on outcomes more than processes,” say the organisers. “We are looking for the application of simulation – how did it deliver the outcome and how can the industry learn from it?”
Papers are sought across the main conference themes: paving the way for the energy transition; climate change and adaptive design; resilience and regenerative design; health and indoor environment quality; existing buildings; and the future of cities and the workplace.
The organisers are inviting contributions that address the above issues through relevant work in building simulation, focusing on one or more of the topics below:
- Zero energy and zero carbon buildings
- HVAC simulation
- Indoor environment quality (e.g. IAQ, thermal comfort, daylight, acoustics)
- Energy storage
- Electrification and microgrids
- Demand response
- Human behaviour
- Commissioning and controls
- Validation, calibration, and uncertainty
- Future weather
- Building retrofits
- Building integrated renewable energy systems
- Simulation at urban scales
- Simulation to support regulations
- New software development and developments in simulation
- CFD and airflow
- Embodied carbon and life-cycle analysis.
Abstracts will be judged primarily based on scientific soundness of the applied methods and the degree to which the contribution advances the state of the art. Authors of accepted abstracts must submit a technical paper that will be double-blind reviewed in separate academic and industry streams.
Submissions close on Monday, November 22, 2021.
For more information on submitting an abstract, and on the Australasian Building Simulation Conference 2022, click here.