The Opira Group is organising an opportunity to be educated on ultraviolet germicidal irradiation (UVGI) by the founder and owner of Sanuvox, Dr Normand Brais, on August 20.
As a result of the current global pandemic, building owners and operators are looking for ways of preventing the spread of COVID-19 in offices, hotels, hospitals, schools and universities, and many other buildings. One measure being used is UVGI.
The following topics will be discussed in the webinar, followed by a Q&A session:
- How UV disinfection works
- UV dose-vs-disinfection rate relation for various pathogens
- How to calculate the UV dose
- How to specify the proper level of UV dose for coil disinfection
- How to specify the UV dose level required for adequate air disinfection
- Different UV-C systems for surface, coil, and air disinfection.
Dr Brais holds a mechanical engineering degree, and a PhD in Nuclear Engineering from the Polytechnique of Montreal. He was appointed as a professor at the Energy Engineering Institute of Polytechnique after he graduated.
Dr Normand Brais has founded several technological companies in fields of atmospheric pollution, combustion equipment, biomass combustion, water treatment, photonics, and air/surface UVC disinfection. He is the founder of Natcom, an ultra-low NOx burner manufacturer, and a consulting firm specialising in industrial combustion. In 1995 he founded Sanuvox Technologies, which is now a leader in air and surface UVGI disinfection.
The webinar will be held at 8am (AEST) on August 20. To register, click here.