The Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA) will be holding Transform 2021 as a virtual event on March 17–18.
Transform is the GBCA’s flagship event for sustainability in the built environment. Transform Online 2021 will explore how we can drive change and action for our places and people, as we aim for resilient, healthy, net zero cities and communities.
“Join our two-day conference, where we tackle the big challenges of how we build back better with circular, positive sustainability strategies,” says the GBCA.
The conference will tackle the big challenges and examine critical topics including:
- Realising net zero and our climate challenge
- How the innovators are tackling health, carbon and future needs
- Global perspectives and local opportunities to create resilient places
- Steps to move from the linear to circular as we seek to make the circular economy tangible
- International actions to ensure smart, resilient and digital cities
- Redefining healthier places for people.
The line-up includes more than 80 speakers, from Australia and abroad. Among these are Nigel Topping, the UK High Level Climate Action Champion for UN climate talks at COP26; Bronwyn Zorgdrager, Project Director – Real Estate and Projects at Atlassian; Miquel Rodrigues Planas, the Commissioner for 2030 Agenda of the City Council of Barcelona; Amanda Sturgeon, Regenerative Design Lead Asia Pacific for Mott McDonald; John Flecker, CEO Multiplex; Prof. John Thwaites, Chair of the Monash Sustainable Development Institute, ClimateWorks Australia and BehaviourWorks Australia; Lauren Sorkin, Executive Director of the Resilient Cities Network; and Susan Lloyd-Hurwitz, CEO and Managing Director Mirvac.
For more information and to register, click here.