The Green Building Council Australia (GCBA) will be running its Green Star for Contractors course online.
Developed for those working on onsite projects – whether as a contractor, subcontractor or as part of the wider project team – the course focuses on how to ensure data sheets and documentation are compliant.
It will also explore the materials-related credits and how they relate to the project team, including specific materials content such as VOCs and PVC.
The practical 90-minute webinar will provide essential information on improving processes and making them more efficient and effective. Attendees will be able to put forward questions to industry experts during the interactive Q&A segments.
Key areas of learning include:
- The “what” and “how” of Green Star – and how to contribute to a project
- Tools for the most effective approach to Green Star
- Understanding Green Star requirements
- Materials-related credits and how to demonstrate compliance
- Examining the main materials involved – VOCs, formaldehyde, PVC, timber, concrete, and steel
- Hints and tips from past projects and what assessors will accept.
The course’s co-presenters are National Sustainability Manager at Built Pty Ltd, Joe Karten; and Victorian Sustainability Manager at Probuild Constructions, Evalin Ling.
Karten is a sustainability professional who has delivered multiple 6 Star As Built rated buildings and fitouts.
Before joining Probuild Constructions, Ling was a consultant and the lead Green Star Accredited Professional for Norman Disney & Young, responsible for the management and submission of more than 30 Green Star ratings throughout Australia.
The event will be held on November 5, 2020, from 1.30–3.30pm (NSW, Vic, ACT, Tas) | 1–3pm (SA) | 12.30–2.30pm (Qld) | 12–2pm (NT) | 10.30am–12.30pm (WA)
Event and registration details are available here.