The webinar “An introduction to Passive House” will be presented as two separate sessions:
- Part one: Tuesday 8 September 9:30am – 12:30pm (AEST) | 9:00am – 12:00pm (ACST) | 7:30am – 10:30am (AWST)
- Part two: Monday 14 September 9:30am – 12:30pm (AEST) | 9:00am – 12:00pm (ACST) | 7:30am – 10:30am (AWST)
The course is developed for those who are new to the Passive House standard and want to know more – whether a developer, architect, engineer or contractor. The webinar will discuss key considerations that need to be made throughout each stage of a project and will look at existing Australian buildings that have achieved Passive House certification.
As well as exploring its suitability for the Australian climate, attendees will learn how the Passive House standard is different from Section J compliance.
Key areas of learning include:
- The what, how and why of the Passive House standard
- The five key principles
- Passive House versus Section J
- Examples of Australian projects
- Introduction to the designPH and PHPP software
- The Green Star and Passive House Crosswalk
- The building certification process
- Design team roles and responsibilities
Certified Passivhaus Designer and Senior ESD Consultant at Arup, Jessica Hogg, will be facilitating this interactive training session.
Bookings are available here. The two sessions will be included in one booking.