The Ventilation 2021 Conference will be held at the Sheraton City Centre in downtown Toronto, Canada, from August 15–18, 2021. This year’s event is also known as the 13th International Industrial Ventilation Conference for Contaminant Control.
Inaugurated in 1985, the “Industrial Ventilation Conference” takes place every three years, allowing time to develop new research and technology applications and to document the findings.
The conference has rotated locations and organisers between Europe, North America and Southeast Asia. The 2021 conference will be hosted by the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE).
Key issues to be covered:
- Occupational health, environmental emissions and safety considerations in industrial process ventilation system design and applications
- Innovations in ventilation systems
- Thermal hydraulic modeling, measurement and test and balancing techniques, AI applications, optimisation models, data mining, etc.
- Industrial HVAC Systems – innovation and best practices
- Best practices and risk evaluations and management in industrial ventilation and air conditioning systems application
- Modelling advances
- Best practices in data centre and ventilation and air conditioning system design and applications
- Filtration systems for contaminant control
- Lessons learned in industrial ventilation and air conditioning system design and applications.
The proposed conference theme is “leading-edge industrial ventilation technologies for a low-carbon environment”. The program will include a call for papers and separate call for presentations, with more details to come.
Technical committee chair Dr Howard Goodfellow says the Society is keen to accept leading-edge research in the key issues above.
“We have received many abstracts already but I would be pleased if you can consider submission of an abstract,” he says. “Your contribution will help us to make this a successful conference.”
The deadline for paper abstracts has been extended to Monday, December 7, 2020.
Click here for more on details and deadline information for the submission of paper abstracts.