The launch event for the Global Cooling Prize (GCP) will be held on May 15 (AEDT) in Washington DC and will be streamed live via webcast for international guests.
The GCP is a global competition to develop breakthrough residential cooling technology. It aims to provide cooling solutions that will enhance lives without contributing to runaway climate change.
At the launch event of the GCP, prominent policymakers, industry experts, thought leaders, and business leaders will come together to discuss the various technology solutions, policies, and business models that have the potential to solve the cooling challenge and share strategies to scale innovative and breakthrough cooling solutions in countries around the world.
The keynote address will be given by Gina McCarthy, former administrator, US Environmental Protection Agency, and director at the Center for Climate, Healthy & the Global Environment, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health.
Other speakers will include:
- Amy Luers – Executive director, Future Earth
- David Nemtzow – Director, Building Technologies Office, US Department of Energy
- Gabrielle Dreyfus – Senior scientist, IGSD
- Iain Campbell – Senior Fellow, Rocky Mountain Institute
- Jason Hartke – President, Alliance to Save Energy
- Paul Bunje – Co-founder, Conservation X Labs
- William F. Martin – Former US deputy secretary of energy.
To find out more and watch the launch, please click here.