AIRAH has completed its survey of salaries in the Australian HVAC&R industry, and the mood of respondents is generally upbeat.
In total, 491 industry professionals from every state and territory completed the survey.
“The data in this report provides a comparative analysis of the survey responses provided by all participants,” says Dr David Iacuone, who conducted the analysis on behalf of AIRAH.
Highlights of the survey were:
- Half of those surveyed have a gross annual base salary of $100,000 or more. Over 10% of survey participants earn $150,000 or more
- Just over 60% of those surveyed say there will be an increase in their pay and benefits over next year
- Western Australia is the state that is most negative about the possibility of increase in pay and benefits over the next year – 50% say it will “decrease” or “no change”
- Victoria is the state least likely to be negative on pay and benefits over next 12 months – just 30% say it will “decrease” or “no change”
- Just over half (56%) of survey participants describe their own economic prospects over the next 12 months as “excellent” or “good”. Just 9% say their economic prospects are “poor” or “very poor”.
The full survey is available in the November issue of Ecolibrium.