Last year the government ran information training sessions on the new energy labels that will soon start appearing on air conditioners. It has now placed a suite of information related to the content of the information sessions on the Energy Rating website. This includes a series of videos based on the information sessions.
The videos cover:
- Why there has been a change to the label
- How to read the new label and explain it to customers
- The transition arrangements between the old and the new labels
- How retailers should display the label in store, including regulated responsibilities
- Some questions that might be asked about the new label.
The new requirements for air conditioners take effect from April 1, 2020. The information is aimed at helping technicians and other people in the industry better understand the new Zoned Energy Rating Label as it becomes more visible in the Australian market over the coming years. It may also be a useful guide to assist customers in purchasing a more efficient air conditioner for their climate.
The website also contains slides from last year’s information sessions, a fact sheet on how to read the new energy rating label, a booklet on the new labels, a recording of last year’s presentation, and frequently asked questions.
If you would like hard copies of the fact sheet or booklet or have further questions, email email@example.com