Woolworths has announced new refrigeration apprenticeships in New South Wales, Victoria and Queensland.
The selected apprentice refrigeration technicians will join Woolworths’ Format Development team in a four-year apprenticeship program.
- Exposure to the latest refrigeration technologies, ongoing support and training
- Joining one of Australia’s largest refrigeration employers, with a focus on safety and customers
- Sharing ideas and collaborating with a cohort of apprentices nationally
- Learning from experts in the field and being encouraged to contribute.
“We are focused on sustainability and reducing our environmental impact,” says Woolworths. “Our refrigeration systems are at the forefront of technology, and we are continually innovating and improving in this space. Not only will this apprenticeship provide you an opportunity to develop your career, but you will be trained on some of the most advanced refrigeration systems in the market.”
Woolworths is looking for candidates who bring a passion to learn the trade, a keen attitude and a focus on customers.
Specific requirements include:
- A willingness to learn and a commitment to the full apprenticeship life-cycle incorporating on- and off-job training
- An ability to travel to different sites, and even from site to site through the day
- Ideally, a current valid driver’s licence
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- High attention to detail, with good numerical and mechanical reasoning skills
- Effective time-management and organisational skills.
To be eligible you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
Students finishing Year 12 this year are encouraged to apply for apprenticeships that will start in 2021. And candidates who meet a number of the requirements, but not all, are also encouraged to apply.
All candidates will be contacted by Woolworths’ Talent Acquisition Team by mid-August.
For more information click on the appropriate link below: